Friday 31 January 2014

[Review] AKB48 - 5th Album 次の足跡 Tsugi no Ashiato


On January 22nd 2014, AKB48's 5th single was finally released. It included the single's song from "Manatsu no sounds good!" to "KFC" for its CD1, and some new and never-recorded songs for CD2. Tsugi no Ashito also made a record of selling 961,531 copies in its first week which was more than 1830m's 870,621.
Anyways... because CD1 is just single's songs, we have decided to just review the never-recorded songs from CD2.
 
Type A CD2
TAKA
01. After Rain | ★★★★☆ - This is actually not a really long song considering it is only 3:26 long, but I really like the lyrics how it is like don't give up and there is always hope? I love it when they perform this song as well when they play the head-finger game. I reckon they should always perform this song at the end of a concert (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ


03. ボーイハントの方法 教えます | Boy Hunt no Houhou Oshiemasu | ★★★☆☆ - I usually don't listen to these sort of idoly song much, but this song is just so cheery and the unique tempo of some sections just makes me want to keep on listening to it.\(^▽^@)ノ

04. JJに借りたもの | JJ no Karitamono | ★★★★☆ - Souchan's solo lines in this song is just too cool... Her voice really suited this song very well, other members also. To me, the overall song is composed really well especially the instrumental and the guitar solo. It just sounds like an opening song for an anime LOL.

05. シャワーの後だから | Shower no Ato Dakara | ★★★☆☆ -Oh my god.... I seriously died from this song.... It is a killer song... The song itself... The members... That sigh....\(//∇//)\ This song is pretty okay but the way they sing it....\(//∇//)\

06. 10クローネとパン | 10 Krone to Pan | ★★★★☆ - I love the chorus and Sayanee does really have one of the best voices within the 48G and maybe even in the singing industry as well, because her voice just stands out even if all of them sing together.

07. 確信がもてるもの | Kakushin ga Moterumono | ★★☆☆☆ - This song or Kiss made countdown....?? I prefer this song over Kiss made but it's just another typical song from Aki-P and pretty average in general.

08. チーム坂 | Team Zaka | ★★☆☆☆ - These kind of song is just not my kind of songs I listen but...Team Zaka? Why can't Aki-P just name this song Team 4 because I keep on thinking about Nogi"Zaka" 46 when they sing Team Zaka LOL!! Nogizaka 46 should totally sing this song ( ̄∇ ̄)

09. 強さと弱さの間で | Tsuyosa to Yowasa no Aida de | ★★★★☆ - I'm very glad that Sayaka got a grad song even if she doesn't want one and happy that it is included in this album as well~ Sayaka's voice is just too beautiful here... and I love how even the graduated members came back for this song... 2nd gen's bond is seriously incomparable... I reckon this has gotta be my favourite grad song out of Acchans, Tomochins and Mariko-samas.

10. 僕は頑張る | Boku wa Ganbaru | ★★☆☆☆ - It's not bad and the lyrics is well written but mmmmm.... meh (・_・ヾ

RUBS
01. After Rain | ★★★★☆ - Great song! It's uplifting and catchy like Shoujotachi yo.

03. ボーイハントの方法 教えます | Boy Hunt no Houhou Oshiemasu | ★★★☆☆ - Mediocre song at the best. Catchy like most AKB songs and those voices are quite sugary. It seems I still haven't grown accustomed to Paruru's voice yet, since I didn't like eien either.

04. JJに借りたもの | JJ no Karitamono | ★★★★☆- Really interesting song. The instrumental sort of reminds me of a cheesy version of a Bond film and aspects of Kondo Koso Ecstasy also appear to be in it. Takamina's deep, mellow voice fits this song perfectly. I realised the senbatsu for this song all have really mature voices with older members in it. Which I like a lot!

05. シャワーの後だから | Shower no Ato Dakara | ★★★☆☆ - Phew, honestly can't listen to this song too many times a day. It's bad for the heart and the nosebleeds. Those breathy voices...even those who don't understand Japanese will understand what this song is about.

06. 10クローネとパン | 10 Krone to Pan | ★★★★★ - The beginning gives an eerie effect. As expected Sayanee's unique voice overpowers everyone else's. Love the little harmonisation part but the synthesised-high pitched part was probably unnecessary. Really love the chorus and wow never realised how gorgeous Yuihan's voice is. That high-ranged solo part. Damn. 

07. 確信がもてるもの | Kakushin ga Moterumono | ★★★☆☆ - Generic song is generic. A typical pop song that doesn't catch my attention but isn't too bad either. I'm hoping for a better Team A song in the upcoming single.

08. チーム坂 | Team Zaka | ★★☆☆☆ - Another motivational song about the new gens bonds and whatnot. I like seijun alot more.

09. 強さと弱さの間で | Tsuyosa to Yowasa no Aida de | ★★★★★ - Definitely my favourite graduation song. Even knocks out Yume no Kawa. Although I might be a little biased I'm glad this song is about Sayaka doing bigger and even greater things outside of AKB because that's what I hope will happen. This song is so beautiful and Sayaka's vocals are prominent as usual and hearing the 2nd gen's voices are just a massive Tear jerker. One question though: Aki-p, where's the PV? 

10. 僕は頑張る | Boku wa Ganbaru | ★☆☆☆☆ - I have no interest in this song at all. Musically, it makes me snooze. Lyrically, it has been done and dusted countless times.

Type B CD2
TAKA
01. スマイル神隠し | Smile Kami Kakushi | ★★★☆☆ - Yep. Another song from Tentoumu Chu! .... Aki-P why can't you just release a single for them and save a spot on the actual album for other new songs. Anyways... when the song began, I thought it is gonna be another very cutesy song but I was wrong. Well... it is still like those idoly song but their voice in here is more mature than the two previous songs especially during the chorus, but I still prefer their debut song Kimi dake ni ( ̄ω ̄) P.s. I love Uha btw~

02. 他人行儀なSunset beach | Tanin Gyougi na Sunset Beach | ★★★☆☆ - This is like the fisher senbatsu with Milky, Dasu, Suzuran and I'm not really sure if Rabutan is a fisher or not...and even the title of the song is related to fishing.. "Beach"( ̄∇ ̄)

04. わたし リーフ | Watashi Leaf | ★★★★☆ -  Juritan with AnRiRe... not a bad senbatsu lineup and a good song overall. I really love the cute upbeat instrumental music in the background, but I didn't really like the high pitch section during the chorus. I don't know why but whenever I see Jurina in a unit senbatsu lineup list, I always hope for a cool song...( ̄~ ̄)
 
05. Stoicな美学 | Stoic na Bigaku | ★★★★☆ - There's nothing to say actually... I really love this song as you all may already know why (because it's my kind of songs) especially the chorus. Mayuyu's singing voice is so unique and has that special nose(??) sound that reminds me of one of my favourite voice actress Kugimiya Rie (If you guys know who and what I mean here).

06. ぽんこつブルース | Ponkotsu Blues | ★★★★☆ - I really love all majisuka gakuen's song and this is included of course. Love love love the jazzy intro!! I remembered when I was watching this, I always hum to the intro part. (ノ≧∀≦)ノ I can just imagine Nao accompanying them with her sax as well!!!

07. イチニノサン | Ichi Ni no San | ★★★☆☆ - That piano in the beginning is awesome, just like the BGM ZUN makes for Touhou. (Maybe I should start playing touhou again...) Going off topic I know so back to the song... I really enjoy the instrumentals but not as much the vocal parts. I found the "Ichi ni no san" during chorus really repetitive...( ̄ー ̄)

08. 共犯者 | Kyohansha | ★☆☆☆☆ - I thought that it would be another cool song judging from the title of the song "Accomplice" and maybe because I'm used to Team K having those cool songs like How Come, I'm just not used to them having these kind of idoly songs and I don't like this song at all.

09. 動機 | Douki | ★★★☆☆ - To tell you all the truth... I always skip the ending song when I watch majisuka...I know I shouldn't so please don't bash me... Not my kind of ballad because it sounds too sad for me, but Paruru does sing pretty well I reckon. Love how the tempo speeds up during the song like what RUBS said "the story is reaching it's climax".

10. 悲しき近距離恋愛 | Kanashiki Kinkyori Renai | ★☆☆☆☆ - C'mon Aki-P..! Why is every team songs like this...? I was hoping to see that one team standing out alot from the other teams and make you fall in love with the song at first, but all of them sound pretty normal and plain idol songs in this album.

RUBS
01. スマイル神隠し | Smile Kami Kakushi | ★★★★☆ - This song is really great! I love the arrangement and the "ahhs" are very soothing. This is the mature side of Tentoumu Chu! the title is "Spirited Away By Your Smile" and that's exactly how I feel when I listen to this song, well spirited away by their voices.

02. 他人行儀なSunset beach | Tanin Gyougi na Sunset Beach | ★★★★☆ - Ole' ! This song sounds like a spanish fiesta. Tracing back to the latin roots, this song is nicely arranged and the voices cohere very well. I especially love how prominent Milky's voice is in here. The guitar instrumental is amazing!

04. わたし リーフ | Watashi Leaf | ★★★★☆ - I quite enjoy this song. The instrumental sounds like an anime game with 90s touch to it. Very classic. Its upbeat but not too hyper. I like the mid-slow tempo. Also the story behind this song is very abstract; using the perspective of a leaf as a motif of freedom and moving through life with ease. Only thing I didn't enjoy are the voices of this line up. None of them have powerful singing styles and performance-wise, I'm really hoping it's not another "Nagisa no Cherry" situation.

05. Stoicな美学 | Stoic na Bigaku | ★★★★★ - This song is addictive! Especially the chorus. It has an alluring aspect to it. This song is about secretly hiding your love for someone and then doing something rash like "Running out of patience and kissing you"..."This is my Stoic Aesthetic". A really great song, I'm quite surprised too, considering this senbatsu is filled with younglings plus Minarun and Mayu.

06. ぽんこつブルース | Ponkotsu Blues | ★★★★☆ - I love all the openings of Majisuka Gakuen and this is no exception. The jazzy intro is ear-orgasmic! Wouldn't mind listening to this without the vocals as well. That Sax solo is freaking hot.

07. イチニノサン | Ichi Ni no San | ★★★☆☆ - This song is all about heat, desires, and hype. It's really upbeat with a very fast tempo. Unfortunately it sounds like a song I've heard many times from yours truly. However, I really love the piano introduction. I want to play that part.

08. 共犯者 | Kyohansha | ★☆☆☆☆ - Nope. Don't like this song. Expected so much more from Team K and this is a serious let down. It's boring and nothing sticks to my mind.

09. 動機 | Douki | ★★★☆☆ - I'm not a fan of Paruru's voice, but I have to say she does this song justice. The sad-ballad very much suits Paruru a lot. It's very epic and emotional. I like how the tempo really picks up midway. It's like the story is reaching it's climax.

10. 悲しき近距離恋愛 | Kanashiki Kinkyori Renai | ★★★☆☆ - What's up with all the team songs. They're all the typical, run of the mill Idol songs. I know management are trying to appeal to all audiences and probably this fits nicely in the Cute Idol pop. It's a nice strolling-paced song and Yukirin's voice is quite nice, as usual. But the verses and lyrics bore me.

Theatre
TAKA
15. 散ればいいのに… | Chireba Inoni | ★★★☆☆ - KKS... the future of AKB is depending on these girls and I gotta say this song is pretty nice to listen to.

RUBS
15. 散ればいいのに… | Chireba Inoni | ★★★☆☆ - Nice uplifting chorus. The pre-mature 15th generation voices are quite pleasing to the ear. Lyrically, not anything special; about graduation and growing up. 

OVERALL
TAKA
Before the album was released, I was very tempted to order it online because of the shop bonus poster. (I'm a poster person with my room's wall full of posters, but kinda disappointed after knowing that the posters are not a group one but on specific members...) After listening to it when it was released, it made me wanted to get the album more because there are some pretty damn good songs such as JJ no Karitamono, 10 Krone to Pan and Ponkotsu Blues. Not a bad album overall, but I think I still like 1830m the most.

RUBS
This album is pretty good! Sure there were a lot of bland and 'meh' songs but all rounded up there were more musically-experimental songs that were quite grand than the generic Idol pop, So I'm quite happy with the outcome. The songs have changed my perspective on this album, and I might get this when I have some spare cash lying around. Jokes. When will that ever happen?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? We value your opinions so please kindly share with us! ^__^