Monday 21 July 2014

[Review] HKT48 - 3rd Single 桜、みんなで食べた / Sakura, Minnade tabeta




HKT48's third single is out! (I started this post 4 months ago hehe) I quite like this release, but the covers don't do the songs justice. The theme is graduation, as it usually is around this time of year. I'm still bummed that Sakura didn't get some special position or even a bonus video. But oh well. Sales are consistently the same in which I'm not sure whether to be worried about or not because HKT don't seem to be improving in popularity, especially in Fukuoka. 


桜、みんなで食べた / Sakura, Minnade tabeta Music Video

RUBS
Costume: ★★★
The costumes with the capes and frill skirts are quite adorable. I don't know why they were hated so much with the international fandom. I like the alternating red and blue between the members as well. But what I really like is the navy blue uniform They're so pretty! The red ribbon adds a nice preppy look.
Dance: ★★
The dance is cute but nothing special. I don't know, I don't usually like "grading" hkt's dance choreo just because they are designed for 15 year old girls who probably don't have that much dance experience anyway.
Song: ★★★☆☆
Song is OK. I find myself losing interest in HKT lately. Just because their releases are far from up to par with the other sister groups. It's catchy, but has no depth to it (who am I kidding, this is idol pop for god sakes haha). Also I never understood why is there such a thing as cherry-blossom flavoured food??!
Overall: ★★★☆☆

A-side is much like their first two singles, except I liked Melon Juice's energy more. I do like this pv though, NakoMiku are on a whole another level of cuteness. Poor mikan is pushed to the side now :3

既読スルー / Kidoku Through Music Video

RUBS
Costume: ★☆☆
Eugh I hate those frilly white dresses that resembles what a  flower girl would wear. They look like children's dress-ups. I don't like this seifuku either, boring. I'm sure Taka would love the beige vest and plaid skirts though ahha.
Dance: ★★★

Awesome dance! Nothing to special but the one-shot filming made sure the dance look more complex than it actually is. I like that punchy move they do with both arms.
Song: ★★★☆☆

HKT hasn't really impressed me with any song so far but this song is pretty easy to sing along to and has a fun energy towards it. Oh wow, not until I read the lyrics did I realise they are are saying 'KS' in the beginning and not 'Yeah yes'.
Overall: ★★★☆☆

Average b-side. PV is clever with the film technique but the setting is a little bland. Also too many glossy touches. The girls seem to be enjoying themselves though, bossu looks gorgeous here! How is she thirteen years old again? (shit that's the same age as my younger brother).

昔の彼氏のお兄ちゃんとつき合うということ / 
Mukashi no kareshi no oniichan to tsukiau to iu koto Music Video

RUBS
Costume: ★★★
OMGGGAAHHH Those customised seifuku are so cool! The girls look amazing *__* especially Sakura with the beret and also Iichan!! Dayum girl. Murashige looked heaps pretty too also Asukaaaaaaaaa. So much more better than Team H's costumes. The loosely hung ties are hawt.
Dance: ★★★

Awesome dance! (I remember when I first saw the pv 4 months ago, I was extremely bias and thought Team H's pv were heaps better) So much energy, so many kicks and jumps and wooooo awesome dance haha. This dance gets me pumped.
Song: ★★★☆☆

It's a close call but I think I like Team H's song more. Not that either of them are that particularly special though. Interesting title though...Dating my ex-boyfriend's older brother.
Overall: ★★★

The story-line is simple enough, it begins with Mio's close up and the girls behind "rewinding" backwards and then the typical school life shots but with slow-mo and cuts to the dance scenes. I like the dance scenes very muchly they were awesome, the girls looked so mature and gorgeous! Did I mention how pretty Sakura looks? Anyway Sakura is transfer to another school (most likely) so most of the shots are of Sakura's memories at school.


覚えてください / Oboete kudasai 
RUBS
Song: ★★★☆☆
This is HKT's KKS and also Introduction of 3rd gen! Catchy bubbly song but sounds incredibly childish. But what would you expect? 
I like how they all introduced themselves though, NakoMiku sound like sisters haha they also sounded the youngest. Anyway, please remember them! 
君はどうして?/ Kimi wa doushite? 
RUBS
Song: ★★★☆☆
Repetitive song but somewhat catchy. A song talking about Why you are you! 
=====================================================================
A message from RUBS
Hi everyone! 
I'm sorry I haven't posted in a while. I have various reasons for that (most of them excuses actually ahha). Nah it's mainly because:
  • life
  • I'm lazy and I don't deserve to be an admin 
  • I lost interest in writing reviews and posting news
  • but mainly I'm lazy
Anyway what I meant to say is that I no longer want to write up reviews on singles just for the sake of writing reviews. Also because juggling student life and other extra curricular keeps my hands full so I want to change the direction of my posts (only speaking on my own behalf, Taka and Ness feel free to keep posting concert setlists, single previews, reviews etc.) to things that are less (dry imo) serious:
  • LOD reviews
  • rambles about tv shows that the members appear on
  • random translations (G+ posts, blog entries, interviews etc.)
  • fangirly posts
  • 48g goods that I buy (too often)

This doesn't mean I'll never post akb news-related things, I'll just stick to things that really interest me. The 48g world is too fast paced for me to keep updating through my posts. 

RUBS.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? We value your opinions so please kindly share with us! ^__^