Wednesday 9 July 2014

[Review] SKE48 - 14th Single 未来とは? / Mirai to wa


Hello everyone....|・ω・`) Well... It is so good to see you all isn't it ahahaha.... Sorry all that we haven't really been posting anything up on this blog and keeping you all waiting for so long... especially for this single's review since well... Mirai to wa was released like.... 4 months ago... ahahah.... We are really sorry that we delayed this and many other things that we want to write for so long, so on behalf of everyone here from Pinkpride, I'll apologise to you all. <(_ _)> I'm sure I will post both preview and review for Bukiyou Taiyou ASAP when it releases...!!!
Anyways... I won't be in the way and shall let you all continue with this review... that is if you guys want to read what I think about each song.... |・ω・`)



未来とは?/ Mirai to wa Music Video

TAKA
Costume: ★★★★☆
To be honest, when I first saw the costume I was like "I don't like the fairy wings in the front and back of their costume...". But that was when I only saw screenshots of it, so when I first heard the release of radio version, I changed my mind because I reckon it suits song very well...!! I really love the blue checkered skirt and the fluff around it. The overcoat they wore in the MV suits the style a lot as well. Overall, the use of light colours, material and style of dress makes them look very pretty like an angel or fairy~ I really like this costume~ And Jurina looks like an goddess~ (´▽`ʃƪ)♡ Also, according to some members, they said that there is "SKE" written on the costume but I just can't seem to find it anywhere... (I found it after I made this comment ahahaha...)

Dance: ★★★★☆
SKE really never fail to impress me with their dance choreography. Mirai to wa's choreography style is similar to any other SKE single's songs, which is including pairings/groups and dance breaks. I really like the chorus part, for example the part "
Ochita to ka ochitenai to ka..." when they pretend that they were going to fall, and the part" Rainen demo naku...". I'm really surprised and impressed that they were able to dance this choreography backward for the production of the MV, especially the song was playing backward as well. Seriously a round of applause to the girls. ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ

Song: ★★★★☆
At first, the song didn't really leave me any impression and just seem like any other average singles song, but after listening it for a few more times, I found myself to loving this song...! I reckon this song's title and lyrics suits this time's single very much, especially what happened to the whole 48G after the big reformation. "What is the future?" - what is the future of SKE as a group and the future of the members? "Don't be afraid, don't hesitate! Even if you can't see what lies beyond, take a step forward." - Don't be scared of the future and what will happen to you, take a step forward and face all the challenges are the meanings I was conveyed with from the lyrics. The girl's vocal is really pretty and beautiful as well which suits the song a lot.
Overall: ★★★★☆

I really like the idea for the MV which was filming the scenes including the dances backwards~ It is very unique but there is one little thing that annoys me a lot and its the editing of the dance scenes by the editing team... It is so obvious that the choreography and song doesn't match together so why can't they just move the scene forward a bit so it fits?? But maybe it is also because they want to keep how they performed the song in Nagoya Dome originally.. Oh well~ Overall, the song suits to be this single's song a lot to celebrate the girls achieving their dream standing on Nagoya Dome and their future ahead of them. And the MV made me cried again because I'm so proud and happy for the girls achieving their dream and so happy being on stage~ (*´▽`*)

RUBS
Costume: ★★★★☆
Costume is quite pretty. I don't think I would have noticed the wings on the back, If I hadn't seen a picture of it before the PV was released. The frills, and hair accessories are very fairy-like and go well with this song. This costume is something I would expect from SKE ^ ^
Dance: ★★★★☆

The opening is awesome! Very strong, confident choreography that shows off SKE's aerobic skills. Very fast paced and on the beat. What's even more awesome is that they recorded the choreo backwards (as if the choreo wasn't hard enough).
Song: ★★★☆☆

This is a nice song but quite average. I found myself listening to it quite a few times before I was able to say that I enjoyed it. As always, it sticks in my head for quite a while after that. But otherwise, Mirai to wa? is nothing special.
Overall: ★★★★☆

The whole concept of this PV was very clever and interesting. It's quite amazing to see Nagoya dome footage, with all those orange penlights *^* and those lucky fans who got to witness the making of the PV. Non's flower-eating was slightly disturbing, but I loved the close up shots of the members, they looked so shiny ^O^ In regards to overall PV though, Sansei Kawaii>Mirai to wa? by a long margin. You just can't beat those bright colours!


GALAXY of DREAMS Music Video

TAKA
Costume: ★★★★★
This costume was designed to make me nose bleed to death......... (●´□`)♡ Girls with black/sliver leather jackets, shirts, dresses and pants.... They all look really mature and like a girl band material even though they are idols. Jurina in here K.O.ed me in an instant with that top and tight pants... She is not even 18 yet and she is the one with the most revealing clothing... Management does know how much her waist rocks ahahahah...(*´▽`*)
Dance: ★★★★☆
This dance is not those typical idol dance, it is kinda sexy in my opinion, because they move their hip/waist so... so.... *nosebleed* They just don't seem like they are from an idol group (/∇\*) Well... umm.... I don't even know what else to say anymore.....
Song: ★★★★☆
I really like the kind of songs that are similar to UZA and escape, so I instantly fell in love with this time. I remember I was playing it on repeat for like a week (ノ´ヮ´)ノ Really like how the lyrics is kinda related to the galaxy too since I like astronomy ( ̄∇ ̄) Highlight for me has gotta be Yuria's line "Ask me!" oh my god... it just sounds too damn sexy....
Overall: ★★★★☆
The MV is very unique in my opinion where they used Galaxy as the theme of this song since well... it's the promo song for galaxy note 3 anyways but I didn't really like the second part where it is just the Galaxy and some scenes from the interviews even if I really like the 3D effects and overall it is just overload with Galaxy, an iPhone user like me cannot stand this...!! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ And I reckon each member should get equal amount of screentime.. It feels like this song only includes wMatsui and Galaxy... Anyways... the song overall is pretty good in my opinion.

RUBS
Costume: ★★★★☆
Dance: ★★★★☆
Song: ★★☆☆☆
Overall: ★★★☆☆


猫の尻尾がピンと立ってるように…feat. Bose (スチャダラパー) /
Neko no Shippo ga Pin to Tatteru you ni Music Video

TAKA
Costume: ★★★★☆
Seifuku are always 4 stars for me except for the ones that are really ugly or not my style, and this time, I really like the cream, green and blue colours together. It looks really nice and has this artsy feel to it (No wonder they are all in either dance or light music club) ( ´ ▽ ` ) Their casual clothing are also cute too~ especially Jurina (OFC! I really love her hairstyle in here~~ So adorable!!!) and Annya~
Dance: ★★★☆☆
They only included the chorus part in but the dance looks pretty simple and adorable~ Love how they added the cat moves because they're all so cute~ The choreo is easier to learn as well for us fans (・▽・)
Song: ★★★☆☆
A really relaxing song~ It is kinda like Manatsu's personality how she is a my-pace sort of person~ (Why I'm talking about manatsu is because I think this song is dedicated to her ( ´ ▽ ` )) And we don't really see many songs from the 48G including rap especially from an outsource person...
Overall: ★★★★☆

What is that I'm seeing..... OMG! It's the Samsung again....!!! They are seriously promoting the Galaxy til the end of the world...!! ( ̄▽ ̄) Anyways... Really love the whole song, the concept of the MV making Manatsu the focus of the story, the solo shots of every members and the lighting used. Overall, pretty well done but I would've still prefer Jyuri Jyuri baby
(*´・v・)


RUBS
Costume: ★★★☆☆
Dance: ★★★☆☆
Song: ★★★☆☆
Overall: ★★★☆☆



S子と嘘発見器 / S-ko to Usohakkenki Music Video

TAKA
Costume: ★★★★☆
This costume has got to be the most hilarious costume ever (≧▽≦) half cheerleader and half boy's uniform but I love it...!! I reckon it's really unique how they can perform as two different characters, so pat on the back for the designers that came up with this brilliant costume. Another thing I love about this is how every member's colour is different (´∀`) Now I think about it... this costume must be pretty annoying to put on since its half pants/half skirt and the shoe is different too LOL!
Dance: ★★★☆☆
The dance is adorable~ I love how when they are on the cheerleader side, they're cheer leading but when they are on the guy side, they're marching (`・ω・´) Also love their dorky faces especially Furuyanagi during the instrumental break (°∀°)b
Song: ★★★☆☆
To be honest, this song didn't really catch my attention in the first place but after a while, I found it quite addictive and I really love the lyrics~ It's like a short story between the girls and the guy having an affair with M fuji S ko San.... I bet Aki-P was thinking of Neesan when he was deciding which name he should use since Neesan's name include "fuji" and "ko" and starts with "M" and "S" too ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) though he just changed the S and M around ahahahah
Overall: ★★★☆☆
This song is what we would expect from the dorky Team KII~ especially that costume!! Really love the MV, the animations really adorable and everyone pretty much got a decent amount of screen time which is good~ Overall, a very enjoyable song to listen and watch to~

RUBS
Costume: ★★★☆☆
Dance: ★★★☆☆
Song: ★★★☆☆
Overall: ★★★☆☆



待ち合わせたい / Machi Awasetai Music Video

TAKA
Costume: ★★★☆☆
All of their personal clothing are really pretty and colourful I must say, and artsy! Rion's one is my favourite though Honoka's one is really pretty too~ ahhhh they're all too pretty that I can't decide which one is my fav!!! The performing costume is okay but I really like the pinwheel origami thats on the skirt~ the designers must have took a long time making heaps of them ( ´ ▽ ` )
Dance: ★★★★☆
We only see the choreo for the chorus as well for this song but its really cute~ Given it an extra star because Miyamae and Rion are kinda paired up together for this song~ Miyamarion FTW!! (≧▽≦) and also Narumi being dorky during the last chorus!! I totally saw what you did there Naru ( ̄ω ̄)
Song: ★★★★☆
Team E's song this time has gotta be my favourite out of all team song included in this single. I fell in love with it the second the song started (← I might be exaggerating a bit too far....(= =")a) Love the tune, love the lyrics, love everything about it and this will definitely be a song that I will play on repeat forever (。´∀`)ノ
Overall: ★★★★☆
This MV is really cute and adorable and I love the stage idea, but you will have to watch the MV at least two times because it is hard to watch what is going on on stage and what the members are doing... Well unless you have like four eyes...(゜-゜) The story was kinda random but thank god it was English so I can understand ( ̄ω ̄)

RUBS
Costume: ★★★☆☆
Dance: ★★★☆☆
Song: ★★★★★
Overall: ★★★☆☆



Mayflower

TAKA
Song: ★☆☆☆☆
Hmmmm.... This song is quite boring in my opinion. Never really listen to it that much or more like only listened to it once for this review.... (-_-)

RUBS
Song: ★★★☆☆


僕らの絆 / Bokura no Kizuna

TAKA
Song: ★★★★★ x
I would totally give this song infinite amount of stars if I could because this song is just too great... wait actually... *Just added the infinity sign* Ahahahahha (ノ´ヮ´)ノ Anyways... This song is just too... (´;Д;`) A graduation song that isn't written by Aki-P but by Neesan just add more feels to the song since Neesan being a friend and comrades knows how every members feels being part of SKE and the bond they have with each other is just unbreakable.... 。゚(゚ノД`゚)゚。
Aki-P should let Neesan write some of the songs in the future....!!!

RUBS
Song: ★★★☆☆
Categories: , , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? We value your opinions so please kindly share with us! ^__^