Thursday 23 January 2014

Rubberball's Rambles #1 Oshimen

You're probably wondering, what the hell is a Rubberball...well it's this. Hahaha Just joking. You may be wondering, where my nickname 'RUBS' originated from. Well, harking back to the innocent and fun times of Year 7. A friend of mine said I reminded her of a Rubberball--in which I assume is a character from an asian cartoon, that I've never actually heard of. But anyways, that name stuck and was later shortened to 'RUBS' or sometimes known as 'Ballsies' in which you obviously can tell which one I preferred. I can assure you though, my face looks nothing like Rubber or a ball.

Anyway, this will be a personal post. Still AKB related--so don't stop reading yet. 
I want to start a new section of this blog where I will just be ranting or raving about the musings on my scrambled mind. I usually have an opinion about a lot of things and I decided, heck why not blog it to keep track of my thoughts. Sort of like a public diary. But I'll try to keep on one topic, so it won't be super random.
Disclaimer: posts may not always be related about AKB

Oshimen/推しメン

If you follow this blog, you most likely have come across this term many times. "Oshimen" can be translated literally to the member you want to 'push'. In other words the member you support the most. 
At the beginning of the month I posted my Kami 7 list. Now technically speaking, you should only have one Oshimen, since it is the member you support the most. But I have come to realised, I have different reasons for naming each one of these members as my oshimen and I'll shall tell you all about it. I realised I have a certain type of "character" that I enjoy in my oshimens. Try and figure out what the trend is!


♥~Watanabe Mayu~ 
I'll follow and support this girl to the ends of earth! There are so many reasons why she's so special to me. But in the end she was the first member that caught my eye and will have my attention right until the day she graduates. I namely call her my Kami-oshimen i.e the godly oshimen. This is because I see her as the member I will always want the best for, I want her to be centre, I want her to be sousenkyo queen and I want her to achieve as much as possible and be proud of her achievements. She sort of fits the role of someone I want to protect forever--not in a maternal way but more like a best-friend sort of way.


This is one of my favourite photos because it sums up mostly everything I love about Mayu. First of all that cute smile, it's to die for! One of my favourite attributes of Mayu is her beautiful smile. I agree there are many times, where she puts on a smile just for the sake of her perfect idol image but I realised when her eyes curl into those crescent shapes I can tell she is truly smiling in her heart and I just ...
Look at those glistening eyes. How can people call this fake?!

Second of all, this photo shows how much of a dork Mayu really is. She is so adorkable and hillarious! By no means is she a comedy queen like Sasshi or a suberi queen like Takamina. But she has that charm to make people (well at least make me) smile when she does something silly. To me, the less you expect someone to do something silly just makes it a thousand times more funnier. I know she has been called Cyborg Idol for a very long time--I can see Mayu trying to break this image nowadays and she has become a respectable senpai for the youngsters. But isn't it more fun to see a traditional Idol to be silly than an Idol with a silly character being silly?


♥~Miyazawa Sae~ 
The relationship I have with Sae is of course one-sided hopefully that will change in the future but I love love love love this girl. She is the oshimen I have a massive crush on--in both her Ikemen persona and her cute, girly persona. She is the opposite of how I feel about Mayu. I want her to protect me. 


Isn't she so handsome? *fangirls crazily* 


But she's also so freaking cute!

Sae is the only one I would get crazy jealous of if she started dating hahaha. Because that guy would be one lucky son of a b--- or girl ahahha *sweats nervously*

Sae is also known as the genking of the group, but sadly her presence is almost non-existent in Japan and even after her transfer to SNH she's not that active :( 
I'm honestly really sad that she transferred to Shanghai even though I respect her decision and also admire at how freaking gutsy and determined she is. But I can feel the inevitable about to happen...that is the "G" word. 
I love Sae's ability to lift the mood in all situations and at the same time be herself. I love translucent idols, I don't like those who try to hide their emotions for the sake of keeping their image. Sae is also extremely popular in the 48 group, she's not only respected for her caring nature but also her killer Ikemen looks/attitude. Seriously, she's such a gentleman! I love SaeBoy

♥~Yamamoto Sayaka~ 
The oshimen I never expected to fall for. In all seriousness, there have been many times where I have contemplated oshi-henning but in the end my faith in Mayu did no falter. Sayanee is super talented--so good at singing, playing guitar. She has top-notch dance skills ( having gone to the top dance school in Osaka with Yamada Nana and Watanabe Miyuki). She's funny and so genuine! She can pull weird faces but also can be super sexy, gorgeous and cute. She's also intellectually smart and recently entitled the physically strongest 48G member.




Look at this cutie!

She also has really good fashion sense (in my opinion). But I love the way Sae dresses too despite all the akb members saying her fashion sense is atrocious. 
Actually, this oshimen is probably the one I praise the most ahhaha. It's because she is truly amazing! Her charisma is out of this world, I've never seen such a unique Idol. Sayanee is the oshimen I aspire to be like, she is my role model.

Well these three literally make me fangirl everyday. And for good reason too! Did you guess what same attribute each member has? 

YES that's right. I love Ikemens!




credits: mayu gif- off tumblr (please message me for credit), mochichan00, sayanee gif is mine

I also have a small fetish for glasses--hence why Darui Kanji is one of my favourite songs. I will forever support the shinyuu trio too! Even though they will be officially all apart once Sae announces her graduation. 



*sobs*
Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this ramble about my favourite members in the AKB group. Any suggestions on what you want me to write about next? Please comment!
Categories: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? We value your opinions so please kindly share with us! ^__^